Saturday, October 15, 2011

the big picture

Two weeks ago today, a great kid from Vega High suffered a life changing injury.  An injury that may never allow him to walk again, to use his arms again, to experience life as he knew it again.  Life as we  all know it for that matter.

Yesterday, after two really hard weeks, he flew to California with his mom for intensive rehab.  Although my heart is rejoicing that he is going to rehab, by heart is aching at the separation of his family.  I can't even imagine the heart ache of putting my child on a plane to go a thousand miles away.  Not being there for every crucial moment of recovery.  This makes my heart ache.  Ache to the point of crying big tears for them. {This would be very ugly.}

As the two weeks have passed, I caught my self asking God what his plan was for Luis.  How does this fit into His plan?  Why do such horrible things HAVE TO HAPPEN??  Sometimes, I just don't get the big picture.  But over and over and over and over, God reminded me that He has a plan for Luis.  And this is part of His plan.  {I will never leave you or forsake you. Hebrews 13:5}

I want to see the big picture.  I want to see how the story ends.  I am impatient and don't want to wait for the long recovery.  I want to know it's all going to be ok.

I think...we don't see the big picture because if we automatically see the end, the big picture, we wouldn't run into His arms, and fall on our knees, and cry out to him to heal our friend.  If we immediately saw how the story ended, we wouldn't learn to lean upon Him for strength and peace and comfort.  So we wait...



Father, I know this IS part of your plan.  Thank you for having a plan for each one of us.  Show us your glory in these weeks and months in Luis's recovery and all the life situations we encounter on a daily basis.  Remind me daily Father to fall at your feet and lean upon your understanding.

Be blessed...