Monday, August 01, 2011

mom challenge

Saturday we had Cydney's birthday party and before the party could get here I found my self frazzled, grumpy and ready to bite my children's head off.  Really, I did bite their heads off!!!  I had to ask over and over to get things done, and I had had it!!  As I ask forgiveness from them that evening, it left me feeling like a terrible mom.  I knew something had to change...and soon!!!

For one, I will not ask more than once to get something done.  After that, they will suffer the consequences.  I sat them down last night and explained my expectations and consequences to them.  Let's hope they were listening.  If not, it could be some miserable last days for the Kirkland Kids.  It would totally stink to spend the rest of the summer in their rooms contemplating their behaviors.

But I knew my heart needed softening too...In the mean time, I found this 30 day Mom Challenge.  Maybe this was God's way of giving me one thing to work on everyday to improve my own actions towards my children. What better day to start than TODAY...the first of the month.

I love that it says "Mom's Ultimate To-Do List."  I get to caught up in life and all that I having going, that I often forget they are my top priority, my greatest job, and biggest blessing.

I made a copy to hang on my fridge to remind me my big job... 24/7, 365 days a year.

Hopefully, I will blog about my experiences as I work through this challenge.  If this is something you would like to join me in, please leave us comment and we can keep each other accountable.

You are a super mom!!!

No comments: